isgood.ai is a big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning platform, that has the goal of optimising global outcomes, on a global scale, to enable a regenerative, sustainable and prosperous future for people and planet.
As a social enterprise that is run and owned by and for our members, our very survival and wellbeing requires us to actively create systemic change towards a sustainable future for people and planet.
The aim of isgood.ai is to increase the positive impact that all project and programs will have on on society. There is not an all-encompassing definition for this, however the organisation will use the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal Indicators as a guideline. These are:
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere;
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture;
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages;
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning;
- Achieve gender equality and empower women and girls;
- Ensure access to water and sanitation for all;
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth employment and decent work for all;
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation;
- Reduce inequality within and among countries;
- Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable;
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns;
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Conserve and sustainably use the ocean, seas and marine resources;
- Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss;
- Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies;
- Revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development.
isgood.ai is not politically aligned. Projects will be individually assessed and periodically reviewed by the Ethics Advisory Board.
The isgood BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal)
Our foundation is a data and AI platform to understand beyond the dollar, enabling positive change for people, planet and prosperity.
Working with social, humanitarian and purpose driven organisations, Data & AI provide real-time evidence and meaningful insights to improve impact, optimise outcomes and create systemic change to the world’s most pressing problems.
Despite amazing scientific and tech advances, we face unprecedented global problems that threaten almost every area of existence, prosperity and wellbeing … societal and environmental disasters are just getting worse.
Costing ~20% of global GDP .. the dollars, resources and lives lost is spiralling out of control. So why can’t we understand these problems well enough to make some type of headway?
After years of research, it became evident that tech funding is focussed on profit, control and extractive economics. Existing tech is “wired” in the opposite direction of what is needed to understand outcomes beyond a dollar figure.
Therefore, it’s not surprising that we can’t understand the problems plaguing humanity:
– We need different approaches and systems to be programmed into our technologies;
– Balancing contribution and impact across People, Planet and Prosperity; and,
– Rewiring our perception of value.
So, we reverse engineered the amazing advancements made in technology & AI beyond the extraction of dollars and profits, to a new paradigm of to create the greatest good.
Think of it like Google Maps for the social and humanitarian problems. Enter the desired destination and options to get there, and isgood.ai informs internal and external factors that affect progress, enabling an optimised way ahead.
Like google maps, there’s thousands of data layers, inputs and real-time AI required to guide your journey – isgood.ai does this for people and planet.
Next step: R&D and funding of innovations to solve more global problems.
#dataforgood #aiforgood #techforgood
Ethics Advisory Board
Every employee at isgood.ai is on the Ethics Advisory Board (EAB), as positive social impact is intrinsic to every decision made and all work done within the organisation.
All major decisions must therefore be made on a consensus basis at EAB meetings. These include, but are not limited to:
- Whether to take on a client;
- Whether to continue working with a client (at periodic review);
- Whether to drop a client;
- Decisions regarding concerns officially raised to the Board.
A vote will be held on all major decisions and a result of 80% in favour is required for a decision to pass. Employees are entitled to one vote, which they must cast, though they may vote to abstain. Official votes are anonymous, though open polls may be taken during meetings to aid discussion and identify members’ concerns.
EAB meetings occur on a monthly basis, though interim meetings may be called if deemed necessary. A call for agenda items is circulated in the week before the meeting, giving all members the opportunity to raise a topic.
The EAB encourages open communication and debate, however in the situation that a member feels unable to speak publicly, s/t/he/y may raise a concern anonymously to the Chair for discussion at the next meeting.
Before taking on a client, an EAB meeting is to be held. Considerations are made including, but not limited to:
- Whether the aims of the client project is in keeping with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal Indicators;
- The sector in which the client operates;
- Groups or corporations with which the client is affiliated;
- The ethical history of the client’s projects;
- The motive of the client project;
- If our involvement will result in improved outcomes for the greater good;
- The ability of isgood.ai to provide the client with meaningful insights.
These factors are rated using an ethics metric, with a threshold value that must be met for the project to be considered.
Projects will be subject to a biannual review, where the EAB votes to decide whether to keep the client on. Considerations are made including, but not limited to:
- The quality of insights provided to the client to date;
- The actions taken by the client in response to the insights;
- The status and future of the programme;
- Other projects with which the client has been involved over the period;
- Changes to the motive of the client;
- The ability of isgood.ai to continue providing the client with meaningful insights.
The success of a project is measured upon the positive impact to the intended beneficiary of the programme. In a case where a decision affects both the client and the beneficiary, the well-being of the beneficiary is priority.
isgood.ai is responsible for the insights it provides and must therefore ensure that the following are done to the best of its ability:
- Design of a robust and accurate analytical system;
- Broad consultation on the ideation platform, engaging the relevant beneficiaries;
- Determination of the most important and meaningful KPIs;
- Identification and rectification of unintended consequences;
- Dedication to continuous improvement.
The nature of real-time information is that nothing is static. isgood.ai acknowledges that insights will change, as will hypotheses and recommended actions. The collected data will be taken as the independent, unbiased, single source of truth, and recommendations made by isgood.ai will be directly traceable to the data.
isgood.ai is not responsible for the actions of its clients. If it is believed that a client is using the provided insights negatively, a review will be conducted by the EAB. isgood.ai refuses to be complicit by inaction and holds the right to terminate a contract if it is believed that a client is acting contrary to the Ethical Terms and Conditions set out in the contract.
isgood.ai is committed to publicly sharing its insights so that they might be used by others to further spread positive impact. Transparency in the methods of data collection and use is paramount.
isgood.ai pledges to keep the data of its clients private, secure and free to access to those with the relevant security privileges within the company. In the event of a termination of a contract, isgood.ai does not hold proprietary right to the data it has obtained or the insights it has provided to date.
Data Privacy, Ethics and Protection
Unless stated otherwise, isgood.ai will comply and asses data-security in line with the “UN Global Pulse, ‘Data Innovation Risk Assessment Tool,’ 2016”, the “Date Privacy, Ethics and Protection: Guidance Note on Big Data for Achievement of the 2030 Agenda” and other applicable regulations. Please see our Trust Center for more details.
At all times, isgood.ai will also follow the ethical guidelines set out by:
- The Principles of Tech for Good
- AI for Good
- AI Open Letter
- DataOPs Manifesto
- Google AI Principles
- Google Responsible AI Practices
as global efforts to develop new frameworks around the responsible use of emerging technologies begin to take shape, it is imperative that they address not only the human rights implications of “misuse”, but also those of “missed use”.
– UN Global Pulse Director, Robert Kirkpatrick